- Koechlin, Lucy (2018). Vetterliwirtschaft/copinage (Switzerland), in: Ledeneva, Alena (ed.), The Global Encyclopaedia of Informality (Volume 1), London: UCL Press, pp. 267–269.
- Koechlin, Lucy (2018). Claims and Practices of Legitimacy in Urban East Africa, in: Pardo, Italo and Giuliana Prato (eds), Urban Ethnographers Debate Legitimacy, edited by Italo Pardo and Giuliana B. Prato. Special Issue of Urbanities Published as Supplement 1 to Vol 8, pp. 50-59
- Förster, Till and Lucy Koechlin (2018). “Traditional” Authorities, in: Risse, Thomas, et al. (eds.), The Oxford Handbook of Governance and Limited Statehood. Oxford: Oxford University Press, pp. 231–249.
- Koechlin, Lucy and Till Förster (2017). Secondary Cities and the Formation of Political Space in West and East Africa, in: Pardo, Italo and Prato, Giuliana B. (eds.): The Palgrave Handbook of Urban Ethnography. London: Palgrave Macmillan, pp. 355–373.
- Koechlin, Lucy (2017). Urban Land, Politics and Agency in East and West Africa, in: Förster, Till and Lucy Koechlin (eds.), African Cities, by Comparison (Basel Papers on Political Transformations, 13/14), Basel: Institute of Anthropology, pp. 1–5.
- Koechlin, Lucy (2015). Corruption, Conflict and Cities: Towards a Typology of Urban Political Articulations (Basel Papers on Political Transformations 9). Basel: Institute of Social Anthropology.
- Koechlin, Lucy (2014). The Conceptual Polysemy of Governance. In: Koechlin, Lucy and Till Förster (eds). The Politics of Governance – Political Articulations in Africa and Beyond. Routledge, London.
- Koechlin, Lucy and Till Förster (eds) (2014). The Politics of Governance – Actors and Articulations in Africa and Beyond. Routledge, London.
- Koechlin, Lucy (2013). Corruption as an Empty Signifier: Politics and Political Order in Africa. Brill, Leiden.
- Koechlin, Lucy and Richard Calland (2009). Standard setting at the cutting edge – an evidence-based typology for multistakeholder initiatives. In: Peters, A. et al. (eds.) (2009). Non-state actors as standard setters. Cambridge University Press, Cambridge.
- Peters, Anne, Lucy Koechlin, and Gretta Fenner Zinkernagel (2009). Non-state actors as standard setters: Framing the issue in an interdisciplinary fashion. In: Peters et al. (eds.) (2009). Non-state actors as standard setters. Cambridge University Press, Cambridge. 1-32.
- Peters, Anne, Till Förster and Lucy Koechlin (2009). Towards non-state actors as effective, legitimate and accountable standard setters. In: Peters, Anne et al. (eds.) (2009). Non-state actors as standard setters. Cambridge University Press, Cambridge. 492-561.
- Peters, Anne, Lucy Koechlin, Till Förster and Gretta Fenner Zinkernagel (eds.) (2009). Non-state actors as standard setters. Cambridge University Press, Cambridge.
- Koechlin, Lucy and Magdalena Sepulveda (2009). Human Rights and Corruption: Exploring the Connections. In: Rotberg, Robert (ed). Corruption and World Order. Brookings, Washington.
- Koechlin, Lucy (2007). Ein Armutszeugnis: Von grosser und kleiner Korruption. In: Renz, Ursula/Bleisch, Barbara (eds). Zu wenig – Dimensionen der Armut. Seismo Verlag, Zürich. 185-205.
ARTICLES, WORKING PAPERS AND BLOGS
- Koechlin, Lucy (March 2012). Korruption – vom Mittelmeer bis ans Kap? UniNova 119 (März 2012): Afrika.
- U4 Report October 2011:2. Can UNCAC address grand corruption? A political economy analysis of the UN Convention against Corruption and its implementation in three countries (Bangladesh, Indonesia and Kenya). Co-authored with Hechler, Hannes; Fenner Zinkernagel, Gretta; and Morris, Dominic. CMI and U4, Bergen.
- “Zimbabwe and the Kimberley Process: Just how effective are Multistakeholder-Initiatives?” In: EJIL:Talk! Blog of the European Journal of International Law (EJIL), Tuesday, 29 November 2009.
- Koechlin, Lucy (2008). Poverty and Corruption: About Poorer and Richer Ways of Life. Working Paper Series No 5, Basel Institute on Governance.
- Koechlin, Lucy (2008). Derselbe Masstab für alle? Ethische Verhaltensstandards und ‘best practices’ im Nonprofit-Sektor (Best practices in the non-profit sector). Medicus Mundi Bulletin Nr 107.
- Koechlin, Lucy (2007). An Evaluation of National Integrity Systems from a Human Rights Perspective. Working Paper, prepared for the Review Meeting on Corruption and Human Rights, Geneva 28-29 July 2007, International Council on Human Rights Policy. Geneva.
PRESS ARTICLES, TECHNICAL PAPERS & BRIEFS
Contributing Author: A Practitioner’s Guide to Income and Asset Disclosure Systems & Companion Guide – World Bank Group (2012)
Paper submitted on UNCAC asset recovery compliance by States Parties – Self assessment analysis of laws and compliance data from 93 participating countries in Doha Qatar (2009).
- Alan Bacarese et al, The Management of Information in the Context of Money Laundering – (2015) in Barry Rider (ed) Research Handbook on International Financial Crime: Elgar Publishing pp. 507-519
- Alan Bacarese and Gavin Sellar, Civil Asset Forfeiture in Practice – (2015) in Rui/Sieber (eds.) Max Planck-Instiut, Non-Conviction Based Confiscation in Europe: Dunker & Humblot Publishing – Berlin pp. 31-67
- Alan Bacarese, Country Report – The United Kingdom (2014) in Abiola Makinwa (ed) Seminar Proceedings, Negotiated Settlements for Corruption Offences: A European Perspective: The Hague: Eleven International Publishers pp.165 – 186
- Alan Bacarese, Hoang Manh Chien, Nguyen Tuong Dung and Phan Thi Lan Huong (2014) in Vietnam Law and Legal Forum (ed) Criminalizing illicit enrichment: A chance to fight corruption and recover Vietnam’s stolen assets: Hanoi, Vietnam
- Alan Bacarese (2014). In Jonathan Tickner, Sarah Gabriel and Alan Bacarese (eds.) Getting the Deal Through – Asset Recovery: London: Getting the Deal Through pp.109-117
- Alan Bacarese and Roger Critchell (2012) Using Intelligence. In Alan Doig (ed.) The Counter Fraud Practitioners Handbook: London: Gower Publishing
- Nicholls C, Daniel T, Bacarese A and Hatchard J (2011) Corruption and Misuse of Public Office. Oxford: Oxford University Press.
- Alan Bacarese (2009) Advancing international understanding and cooperation in combating fraud and corruption: recovering stolen assets – a new issue?: Trier, Germany: ERA-Forum, Volume 10, Number 3, pp. 421-434.
- Contributing Author (2009) Combating Money Laundering and Recovering Looted Gains – Raising The UK’s Game: London: Transparency International
- Alan Bacarese (2008) Asset Recovery in a Common Law System – the UK. In Prof Mark Pieth (ed.) Recovering Stolen Assets: Basel: Peter Lange
- Contributing Author (2006) Technical Guide to the UN Convention Against Corruption: Vienna: United Nations Office of Drugs and Crime
TECHNICAL PAPERS, ARTICLES, BLOGS
- Alan Bacarese and Betrand de Speville (2014) Opinion on the Law of the Bureau on Prevention and Combating of Corruption of Latvia – OSCE (http://www.legislationline.
- Alan Bacarese, Hoang Manh Chien, Nguyen Tuong Dung and Phan Thi Lan Huong (2013) ‘Criminalizing Illicit Enrichment to Fight Corruption: International Experiences and Lessons Learnt for Vietnam’: Commissioned by the Department for International Development (DFID) of the United Kingdom and the United Nations Development Program (UNDP) Hanoi, Vietnam.
- Alan Bacarese and Pedro Gomes Pereira (2010) Technical paper on criminal assets recovery system in Serbia and comparative analysis with other systems in central and western Europe – Council of Europe – Read the whole article (PDF)
- Alan Bacarese (2010) Tracing Freezing Confiscating and Repatriating the Proceeds of Corruption – ADB/OECD Asia Pacific Initiative
- Alan Bacarese (March 12 2013) Vicky Pryce – Is Marital Coercion Outdated?: Huffington Post
- Alan Bacarese and Chris Gribbin (11/11/2013) Dahabshiil vs Barclays Bank PLC -The Money Service Bureaus Fight Back?
- Alan Bacarese and Jake Rowley (09/07/2013) Russia Moves to Strengthen Anti-Corruption Measures by Prohibiting Public Officials Holding Foreign Bank Accounts
- Alan Bacarese (2011) Banks face myriad difficulties in trying to return corrupt Gaddafi money: Financial Regulatory Forum – Thomson Reuters
- Alan Bacarese (2013) Riesgos de los abogados en delitos de corrupción: COMPLIANCE
Alan is a regular speaker at domestic and international conferences and events such as Cambridge University (Cambridge International Symposium on Economic Crime), OECD Anti-Corruption Conferences and numerous of the UN’s Intergovernmental Working Groups on Asset Recovery. Alan is a regular contributor to the European Law Academy (ERA), Trier, Germany, where he has spoken on anti-corruption, fraud and asset recovery programmes and published papers over the last few years.
PRESS ARTICLES, TECHNICAL PAPERS & BRIEFS
- Rebuild Haiti the right way; Don’t let corruption hijack aid, Washington Times, March 26, 2010
- Applying Asset Recovery Principles to Disrupt Terrorist Financing, Case Western Reserve Journal of International Law, Volume 41, No. 1, June 2009
- Anti-corruption Foes Intensify Focus on Bank Compliance, ACAMS Today, March 2008
- The Recovery of Stolen Assets: A Fundamental Principle Of the UNCAC, www.U4.no, February 2007
- Notes From The Microcredit Summit, WHF News (Women In Housing and Finance), March 1997
- Effective Use of Outside Counsel, A Case Study of the FHLBB, Legal Management Magazine, Aug.1989
- Cracking Down on Fraud and Abuse, Federal Home Loan Bank Board Journal, January 1989