- Alan Bacarese et al, The Management of Information in the Context of Money Laundering - (2015) in Barry Rider (ed) Research Handbook on International Financial Crime: Elgar Publishing pp. 507-519
- Alan Bacarese and Gavin Sellar, Civil Asset Forfeiture in Practice - (2015) in Rui/Sieber (eds.) Max Planck-Instiut, Non-Conviction Based Confiscation in Europe: Dunker & Humblot Publishing - Berlin pp. 31-67
- Alan Bacarese, Country Report – The United Kingdom (2014) in Abiola Makinwa (ed) Seminar Proceedings, Negotiated Settlements for Corruption Offences: A European Perspective: The Hague: Eleven International Publishers pp.165 – 186
- Alan Bacarese, Hoang Manh Chien, Nguyen Tuong Dung and Phan Thi Lan Huong (2014) in Vietnam Law and Legal Forum (ed) Criminalizing illicit enrichment: A chance to fight corruption and recover Vietnam’s stolen assets: Hanoi, Vietnam
- Alan Bacarese (2014). In Jonathan Tickner, Sarah Gabriel and Alan Bacarese (eds.) Getting the Deal Through - Asset Recovery: London: Getting the Deal Through pp.109-117
- Alan Bacarese and Roger Critchell (2012) Using Intelligence. In Alan Doig (ed.) The Counter Fraud Practitioners Handbook: London: Gower Publishing
- Nicholls C, Daniel T, Bacarese A and Hatchard J (2011) Corruption and Misuse of Public Office. Oxford: Oxford University Press.
- Alan Bacarese (2009) Advancing international understanding and cooperation in combating fraud and corruption: recovering stolen assets – a new issue?: Trier, Germany: ERA-Forum, Volume 10, Number 3, pp. 421-434.
- Contributing Author (2009) Combating Money Laundering and Recovering Looted Gains - Raising The UK’s Game: London: Transparency International
- Alan Bacarese (2008) Asset Recovery in a Common Law System - the UK. In Prof Mark Pieth (ed.) Recovering Stolen Assets: Basel: Peter Lange
- Contributing Author (2006) Technical Guide to the UN Convention Against Corruption: Vienna: United Nations Office of Drugs and Crime
Technical Papers, Articles, Blogs
- Alan Bacarese and Betrand de Speville (2014) Opinion on the Law of the Bureau on Prevention and Combating of Corruption of Latvia - OSCE (http://www.legislationline.
- Alan Bacarese, Hoang Manh Chien, Nguyen Tuong Dung and Phan Thi Lan Huong (2013) ‘Criminalizing Illicit Enrichment to Fight Corruption: International Experiences and Lessons Learnt for Vietnam’: Commissioned by the Department for International Development (DFID) of the United Kingdom and the United Nations Development Program (UNDP) Hanoi, Vietnam.
- Alan Bacarese and Pedro Gomes Pereira (2010) Technical paper on criminal assets recovery system in Serbia and comparative analysis with other systems in central and western Europe – Council of Europe - Read the whole article (PDF)
- Alan Bacarese (2010) Tracing Freezing Confiscating and Repatriating the Proceeds of Corruption – ADB/OECD Asia Pacific Initiative - Read the whole article here
- Alan Bacarese (March 12 2013) Vicky Pryce - Is Marital Coercion Outdated?: Huffington Post - Read the whole article here
- Alan Bacarese and Chris Gribbin (11/11/2013) Dahabshiil vs Barclays Bank PLC -The Money Service Bureaus Fight Back? Read the whole article here
- Alan Bacarese and Jake Rowley (09/07/2013) Russia Moves to Strengthen Anti-Corruption Measures by Prohibiting Public Officials Holding Foreign Bank Accounts - Read the whole article here
- Alan Bacarese (2011) Banks face myriad difficulties in trying to return corrupt Gaddafi money: Financial Regulatory Forum - Thomson Reuters - Read the whole article here
- Alan Bacarese (2013) Riesgos de los abogados en delitos de corrupción: COMPLIANCE - Read the whole article here
Alan is a regular speaker at domestic and international conferences and events such as Cambridge University (Cambridge International Symposium on Economic Crime), OECD Anti-Corruption Conferences and numerous of the UN’s Intergovernmental Working Groups on Asset Recovery. Alan is a regular contributor to the European Law Academy (ERA), Trier, Germany, where he has spoken on anti-corruption, fraud and asset recovery programmes and published papers over the last few years.
- Koechlin, Lucy (2014). The Conceptual Polysemy of Governance. In: Koechlin, Lucy and Till Förster (eds). The Politics of Governance - Political Articulations in Africa and Beyond. Routledge, London.
- Koechlin, Lucy and Till Förster (eds) (2014). The Politics of Governance - Political Articulations in Africa and Beyond. Routledge, London.
- Koechlin, Lucy (2013). Corruption as an Empty Signifier: Politics and Political Order in Africa. Brill, Leiden.
- Koechlin, Lucy and Richard Calland (2009). Standard setting at the cutting edge – an evidence-based typology for multistakeholder initiatives. In: Peters, A. et al. (eds.) (2009). Non-state actors as standard setters. Cambridge University Press, Cambridge.
- Peters, Anne, Lucy Koechlin, and Gretta Fenner Zinkernagel (2009). Non-state actors as standard setters: Framing the issue in an interdisciplinary fashion. In: Peters et al. (eds.) (2009). Non-state actors as standard setters. Cambridge University Press, Cambridge. 1-32.
- Peters, Anne, Till Förster and Lucy Koechlin (2009). Towards non-state actors as effective, legitimate and accountable standard setters. In: Peters, Anne et al. (eds.) (2009). Non-state actors as standard setters. Cambridge University Press, Cambridge. 492-561.
- Peters, Anne, Lucy Koechlin, Till Förster and Gretta Fenner Zinkernagel (eds.) (2009). Non-state actors as standard setters. Cambridge University Press, Cambridge.
- Koechlin, Lucy and Magdalena Sepulveda (2009). Human Rights and Corruption: Exploring the Connections. In: Rotberg, Robert (ed). Corruption and World Order. Brookings, Washington.
- Koechlin, Lucy (2007). Ein Armutszeugnis: Von grosser und kleiner Korruption. In: Renz, Ursula/Bleisch, Barbara (eds). Zu wenig – Dimensionen der Armut. Seismo Verlag, Zürich. 185-205.
Articles, Working Papers and Blogs
- Koechlin, Lucy (March 2012). Korruption - vom Mittelmeer bis ans Kap? UniNova 119 (März 2012): Afrika. Read the whole article here
- U4 Report October 2011:2. Can UNCAC address grand corruption? A political economy analysis of the UN Convention against Corruption and its implementation in three countries (Bangladesh, Indonesia and Kenya). Co-authored with Hechler, Hannes; Fenner Zinkernagel, Gretta; and Morris, Dominic. Read the whole article (PDF) CMI and U4, Bergen. Read the whole article here
- “Zimbabwe and the Kimberley Process: Just how effective are Multistakeholder-Initiatives?” In: EJIL:Talk! Blog of the European Journal of International Law (EJIL), Tuesday, 29 November 2009. Read the whole article here
- Koechlin, Lucy (2008). Poverty and Corruption: About Poorer and Richer Ways of Life. Working Paper Series No 5, Basel Institute on Governance.
- Koechlin, Lucy (2008). Derselbe Masstab für alle? Ethische Verhaltensstandards und ‘best practices’ im Nonprofit-Sektor (Best practices in the non-profit sector). Medicus Mundi Bulletin Nr 107.
- Koechlin, Lucy (2007). An Evaluation of National Integrity Systems from a Human Rights Perspective. Working Paper, prepared for the Review Meeting on Corruption and Human Rights, Geneva 28-29 July 2007, International Council on Human Rights Policy. Geneva. Read the whole article here
Press Articles, Technical Papers & Briefs
Contributing Author: A Practitioner’s Guide to Income and Asset Disclosure Systems & Companion Guide - World Bank Group (2012)
Contributing Author, Tracing Stolen Assets, A Practitioners Guide. International Centre for Asset Recovery, Basel Institute on Governance, 2009
Paper submitted on UNCAC asset recovery compliance by States Parties - Self assessment analysis of laws and compliance data from 93 participating countries in Doha Qatar (2009).
Press Articles, Technical Papers & Briefs
- Rebuild Haiti the right way; Don’t let corruption hijack aid, Washington Times, March 26, 2010
- Applying Asset Recovery Principles to Disrupt Terrorist Financing, Case Western Reserve Journal of International Law, Volume 41, No. 1, June 2009
- Anti-corruption Foes Intensify Focus on Bank Compliance, ACAMS Today, March 2008
- The Recovery of Stolen Assets: A Fundamental Principle Of the UNCAC, www.U4.no, February 2007
- Notes From The Microcredit Summit, WHF News (Women In Housing and Finance), March 1997
- Effective Use of Outside Counsel, A Case Study of the FHLBB, Legal Management Magazine, Aug.1989
- Cracking Down on Fraud and Abuse, Federal Home Loan Bank Board Journal, January 1989